Please refer to Dai-ichi Life Group's financial results.
- Annualized Net Premium
- Annualized net premium is calculated by using multipliers for various premium payment terms to the premium per payment. In single premium contracts, the amount is calculated by dividing the premium by the duration of the policy.
- Fundamental Profit
- Fundamental profit is an indicator that shows the fundamental profit situation of a life insurance company’s core insurance business during the term under review. It consists of insurance-related income and expenditures such as premium income and payment of insurance claims and benefits and operating expenses, as well as investment-related income and expenditures centering on interests and dividends.
- Capital Gain/Loss
- Capital gain/loss is an indicator that shows temporary gain/loss related to asset management calculated by deducting capital expenses, such as losses on the sale of securities and foreign exchange losses, from capital income, such as gains on the sale of securities and foreign exchange gains.
- Non-recurring Gain/Loss
- Non-recurring gain/loss is an indicator that shows temporary gains/losses, such as gains/losses resulting from the provision and reversal of allowance for doubtful accounts and changes to valuation of insurance liabilities among ordinary profit and ordinary loss.
- Embedded Value
- EV (Embedded Value) is one of the indicators representing the corporate value of life insurance companies that is attributed to shareholders.
- Value of New Business
- EV related to new insurance contracts is referred to as the value of new business.
Selected Consolidated Financial Data
(millions of yen unless otherwise specified)
|Premium and other income||4,353,229||5,432,717||5,586,000||4,468,736||4,884,579|
|Benefits and claims||2,903,587||3,380,827||3,830,941||3,618,385||3,789,907|
|Provision for reserve for policyholder dividends||94,000||112,200||97,500||85,000||95,000|
|Net income attributable to shareholders of parent company||77,931||142,476||178,515||231,286||363,928|
|Total net assets||1,947,613||3,589,927||2,932,959||3,137,266||3,749,271|
|Net income per share (yen)||78.58||124.94||150.53||196.62||310.69|
|Diluted net income per share (yen)||78.54||124.87||150.44||196.48||310.45|
|Cash flows from operating activities||1,093,970||1,875,642||2,013,807||1,376,809||1,169,136|
|Cash flows from investing activities||-783,262||-2,032,143||-2,265,659||-2,260,016||-995,862|
|Cash flows from financing activities||-99,189||349,490||-33,439||910,086||-85,421|
|Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the year||1,061,394||1,254,760||961,221||980,465||1,055,885|
|Number of employees||59,512||60,647||61,446||62,606||62,943|
The data is an extract from the information contained in Company's financial results. For detail, please refer to the Company's financial results posted on the website.
The Company conducted a 1:100 share split on October 1, 2013.
BASIS FOR PRESENTATION
The accompanying consolidated financial statements have been prepared from the accounts maintained by Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, and in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in Japan ("Japanese GAAP") which are different in certain respects from the application and disclosure requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards.